Music Estonia calls for students and young professionals active in the music industry in Portugal to apply for a 3-month internship in Tallinn, Estonia. The internship is hosted by the Estonian Funk Embassy – Tallinn-based artist management, booking agency, concert promoter and record company. Main expenses are covered, plus there's a small monthly fee. The intern position will be offered to only one.
Estonian Funk Embassy (EFE) is Tallinn-based artist management, booking agency, concert promoter and record company. They export Estonian talent and music abroad through festival bookings, record distribution, playlists and work with partners in the EU and USA. They also create events and offer concert organising services for a club Erinevate Tubade Klubi (ETK) in Tallinn.
Tasks to be tackled
- assisting with bookings for EFE’s roster, including helping with PR and general promotion on social media;
- support with event production and promotion at ETK and other work that pops up at a boutique one-stop-shop agency;
- sharing the experiences with a once a month blog post;
- handing in a final report to Music Estonia about the learnings.
The final tasks will be modified to fit the intern's previous experience and interests.
The internship will give a taste of just about each aspect of the music industry from gruelling computer work to creative writing to small life-changing miracles, networking opportunities, event access and hands-on event production.
Skills and abilities needed
The intern must be able to work quite independently, have good communication skills – both in conversation and written English, be open to learn and to try out new approaches. Previous experience in music, social media marketing, communications or other relevant areas is a plus, as also interest in funk, soul, disco, jazz music.
- The intern will need to bring his/her laptop.
- The internship will take place this autumn, from late September or early October until Christmas. Exact dates will be confirmed and can be adjusted.
- For the three months, the intern will be a full member of EFE's team and closely working with the club ETK where the main workstation will also be. ETK is situated in the cultural hotspot of Tallinn – Telliskivi Creative City.
- The flights and accommodation will be covered, plus the intern earns a net salary of 500 € per month. The intern will sign a contract with Music Estonia.
- The intern should be ready to also participate at a preparatory seminar along with programme partners and the hosting company. The seminar takes place already on September 18th during the Reeperbahn Festival in Hamburg. Festival pass, flights and 2 nights of accommodation will be covered for the intern.
To apply, please send your CV and freely worded application letter in English to Marii Reimann – email@example.com – by September 1, 2019. The selection will be made and all candidates informed of the result by September 9.
The programme is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Commission, coordinated by Music Estonia and implemented in partnership with WHY Portugal and FACTORY 92.